Hi KP

Am 07.03.2016 um 19:41 schrieb kp kirchdoerfer:
> Am Montag, 7. März 2016, 20:26:58 schrieb Andrew:
>> Maybe we should just mount storage till hostapd will start?
>
> Will  hostapd  really load the modules without changes to the init process?

I doubt it.

> The later is something I try to avoid,cause it will make us to maintain a
> different init for hostapd.

If we come to the conclusion that an application, and that is what
hostapd or wpa_supplicant are, are responsible for the loading of
modules, and I am strongly in favour of this behaviour, then yes, we
possibly need to patch init. We can go the legacy way and just add it to
/etc/modules, which is fine with me too.

> Another drawback is the time it needs to load modules.sqfs.
> If we choose to that for several packages it will raise startup times
> significantly.

Not really, the delays are hardly significant. But this is the current
situation, not the future one, so we don't need to discuss this here. I
am just reporting the current problems, addressing future solutions will
be when I install the new-initrd mode of operation.

cheers

ET