Am Sonntag, 27. März 2016, 16:03:06 schrieb Erich Titl:
> Hi KP
>
> Am 26.03.2016 um 16:55 schrieb kp kirchdoerfer:
> > H Gents;

> > At last I changed hwdetect to neglect moddb, and to do not use
> > /var/lib/lrpkg/*.depmod any  longer - there is no need to copy modules to
> > /lib/modules any more.
>
> IMHO we could also ditch hwdetect. There is hardly any difference in the
> code than in linuxrc. WE might need to add mount_modules to the hotplug
> script though.

hotplug seems not to be a replacement for hwdetect.

Yes the hwdetect code is in linuxrc, but as I said it could be convenient to
run hwdetect and load modules *without reboot*.

Another issue iI found is we are  creation, deletion, link and unlink
/lib/modules/$KVER add various places, which ends up in a link to itself

# ls -al /lib/modules/
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            12 Mar 27 18:18 4.4.6-x86_64 ->
/lib/modules

Is there any reason why we just don't let /lib/modules/$KVER stay after
linuxrc ran and avoid to link/unlink/create/delete?