Hi all,

the shorewall init script for 6.0.1 in /etc/init.d/shorewall currently
reads (relevant part only):

start() {
         echo "Starting IPv4 shorewall rules..."
         wait_for_pppd
         [ -x /usr/sbin/mount_modules ] && /usr/sbin/mount_modules
         /sbin/shorewall $OPTIONS start $STARTOPTIONS
         [ -x /usr/sbin/umount_modules ] && /usr/sbin/umount_modules
}

stop() {
         echo "Stopping IPv4 shorewall rules..."
         /sbin/shorewall stop
}

refresh() {
         echo "Refreshing IPv4 shorewall rules..."
         /sbin/shorewall refresh $REFRESHOPTIONS
}

reload() {
         echo "Reloading IPv4 shorewall rules..."
         /sbin/shorewall reload $RELOADOPTIONS
}

restart() {
         echo "Restarting IPv4 shorewall rules..."
         /sbin/shorewall restart $RESTARTOPTIONS
}

Shouldn't mount_modules and umount_modules also be called for
"restart()" (possibly also for "refresh()" and "reload()") ?

I've been trying to figure out why I couldn't get DNAT to work
(shorewall always terminated with an error during "svi shorewall
restart" after me updating /etc/shorewall/rules).

By doing

svi shorewall stop
svi shorewall start

it finally worked.

I assume that was because the DNAT directive triggered additional
modules to be loaded, which can only work if the modules directory is
mounted.

Any thoughts?

Martin