Hi Erich;

Am Samstag, 27. Mai 2017, 20:05:50 schrieb Erich Titl:
> Hi KP
>
> Am 27.05.2017 um 19:15 schrieb kp kirchdoerfer:
> > Hi all;
> >
> > the recent discussions about ntpd failing on i686 SMP and patching it,
> > required to test the proposed patch with uClibc-ng 1.0.24.
>
> Wouldn't it be easier and better to just wait for the uClibc team to fix
> the mainstream code?

This *is* the patch for the mainstream code. It will be only a small change in
buildtool.*  to adjust this once we move to a later uClibc-ng version.

But with all the work to get this patch tested, the move to 1.0.24 was almost
done, so why to throw the work away?

The major hurdles are rpc.mountd, which could be related to uClibc-ng, but it
occurs with earlier versions as well.

Failing libaio is unrelated to any uClibc-ng version AFAIK.