KP Kirchdörfer wrote:

> Am Sonntag, 22. April 2001 15:31 schrieb Ewald Wasscher:
>
>> 21-4    updated busybox to version 0.51
>

> I'm running eigerstein with busybox 0.51 (and replaced most of the POSIXness
> links and other progs with busybox and tinylogin), but as long as we see the
> seg fault in 'busybox more' it's not ready for prime time - even if it's a
> beta version.

How should I reproduce that error? I have no problems with segfaults so far.

>> TODO: throw out ctar, we'll probably need to adjust some scripts.
>> everyone agrees?
>

> I tried to replace ctar with tar --exclude-list - but it  blew up the
> resulting lrp-packages, I guess --exclude-list didn't work as expected.

Too bad. Probably I won't have much luck, but I'll try anyway :-)

>> 22-4    updated icmpinfo,rdate,traceroute to latest debian slink version
>

> why not replace rdate with the busybox version?
> It worked quite well until I started to use xntpd.

That's on the todo list (see my post)

>> 22-4    add e3 (the pre 1.5 from oxygen) as the default editor
>

> Is this a version of e3, which don't make a backup of the original file?
> This feature of e3 is just wasting space, especially within lrcfg.

I just checked and it doesn't seem to make a backup of an edited file.

> Might I add to the TODO-list, to include Seawall?

What does Charles think about that? For most home-users the default
Eigerstein firewall rules will be sufficient I suppose.

Ewald Wasscher