[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>I have visions of a cloud saying *and a miracle occurs* and then we
>proceed to make the lrp package.

Hehe. me too :-)

>># cd lrp
>># make
>># ls -1 pkg.lrp
>>pkg.lrp

Until now I do things slightly different:

# cd mypackage
# chmod u+x lrp/rules
# lrp/rules
# ls lrp/package
lrp/mypackage.lrp

If I understand David correctly the main difference between his and my
approach is that with my approach configuration of- and compiling the
source is done by the lrp/rules makefile, instead of by the diff or by
hand.

>>It's that way now, but I've just a few things to tidy up.  The last
>>file I used this on was SING, and it worked well.  I'm putting
>>documentation into the Makefile, and more.

I still have to do so. Automatic creation of a mypackage.version file
comes to mind.

>> Once I get this fixed up,
>>I'll start cleaning the CDROM out, throwing out precompiled source in
>>favor of the source files and a LRP diff.
>>

>Would you mind sharing before you go into production?

You didn't ask _me_ but I attached some diffs anyway. Initscripts and
package.list files were shamelessly stolen from oxygen. The lrp/rules
file in the sed diff doesn't create a package as sed will be in the
root.lrp.

Ewald Wasscher

util-linux-2.11b-1lrp.diff.gz

sed-3.02-1lrp.diff.gz