Mike Noyes wrote:

> Everyone,
> I'm going to create the following directories in CVS on Thursday,
> unless there are objections.
>
> /release +
>          + /eigerstein
>          + /ladybug
>          + /oxygen
>          + /quercus
>
> /script +
>         + /weblet
>         + (etc.)
>
> /package +
>          + /base
>          + /libs
>          + /net
>          + (etc.)
>
> The package tree will mimic the Debian source tree. Diff files should
> not be gziped. Other than that minor change, do what Debian does.
> http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/main/source/

It's a little late perhaps, but I wonder about the usefulness of using
cvs for storing tarballs and diff files. That would mean e.g that if you
want a diff between 2 different versions of a package you'd request a
diff of 2 diff files. This seems just odd to me. I also wonder if such a
diff would be useful/understandable. I thought the strong side of CVS
was keeping track of revisions of _text_ files.

Ewald Wasscher