"Scott C. Best" wrote:

>         Heyaz. Saw this on security-basics this AM. Never
> saw it mentioned on LRP/LEAF before; anyone ever try it?
> Alternatively, is "IP Transparent Proxy" enabled in any
> LEAF kernels? Seems terribly powerful to me.

I've done this before, I think; it can be nice, especially for things
such as web cache.  However, for a router with no hard disk it isn't all
that useful.

The basic idea is that ALL web traffic going out is passed through the
proxy itself; helps if you want to add a web cache but don't want any
client reconfiguration to be needed.  Its also good for proxies such as
JunkBuster or filtering proxies.