Hello,

I'm using dachstein-cd 1.1 and ipsec.  I've used the old linux router 2.9.4
with ipsec, but i had to add a few lines in the ipchains to allow ipsec to
work.

what is the theory on getting it to work with the new dachstein cd?

here's what i had in the old version, but i don't see the corresponding rules
in the new dachstein version.

# Forward anything from IPSEC tunnel and except all input from IPSEC tunnel
ipchains -A forward -j ACCEPT -i ipsec0 -s 0/0 -d 0/0
ipchains -A input -j ACCEPT -i ipsec0 -s 0/0 -d 0/0

# ipsec incoming/outgoing
for CURGW in $IPSECSG; do
        $IPCH -A input -j ACCEPT -i $EXTERN_IF -p udp -s $CURGW 500
        $IPCH -A output -j ACCEPT -i $EXTERN_IF -p udp -d $CURGW 500
        $IPCH -A input -j ACCEPT -i $EXTERN_IF -p 50 -s $CURGW
        $IPCH -A output -j ACCEPT -i $EXTERN_IF -p 50 -d $CURGW
done

I've changed the
EXTERN_UDP_PORTS to allow the remote ipsec machine to use UDP port 500, and
EXTERN_PROTO0 to allow proto 50 from the remote ipsec machine, but what about
the rules to allow traffic through the ipsec0 interface?

thanks,
jim mcdonagh