> > I will at least apply the one line fix in the next release.  For the
future,
> > I'd like to see support for a configuration directory.  There would be
some
> > default entries, while add-on packages could drop entries into the
> > "/etc/purge.d" (or whatever) directory, with customizations for any
large
> > temporary files the particular package generates.
>
> Do you anticipate that the program (e.g., checkfreespace()) must decide
> on which filesystem purge-able files reside, or do you see this as a
> manual, pre-configuration issue for the system administrator?

Hmm...

I think ideally, checkfreespace would have to determine which filesystem the
purge-able files reside on.  One of my major goals for a new distribution is
to gracefully support flexible mount-points.  While the purge-able files may
not change, and so could be included as part of the package itself, there's
no way for a package to know ahead of time exactly which file-system the
files will reside on.

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net