I got OpenSSH 3.3p1 working today with priv separation, but compression
must be disabled (mmap error.)

A couple of questions:

        - 3.3p1 with priv separation wants to have a "sshd" user and a
"sshd" group.  Those aren't in Bering or Oxygen's passwd/group/shadow
files.  I made the accounts UID 22 and GID 22 here; do you all have any
suggestions for what UID/GID should be?  Do you all see any problems
with adding it into the standard LEAF distros
(Dachstein/Oxygen/Bering/etc?) Or do you all favor changing the opensSHH
code to use an existing user/group?

        - Eric Wolzak indicates Jacques won't be back till next week, but
that's when the vulnerability details are supposed to be published.  For
"management" reasons I have a need to deploy the fix before Monday. :-)
The package I have is based on Jacques' package, but compiled for libc
2.1.3 (Oxygen).  If you want, I'll be happy to A) recompile for libc
2.0.7 and post or B) give you all my notes and you can build a package.

        Of course if no-one else has the same pressures to release before
monday, its fine for us to run with "non-standard" lrp's.

Thanks!