Hi Mike

At 08:43 30/08/02 -0700, Mike Noyes wrote:
>On Fri, 2002-08-30 at 08:18, Julian Church wrote:
> > I got a
> > bit confused with editing the log file, so didn't put anything at all, and
> > I don't know what to do to control the version numbers either - the CVS
> > says the file is at 1.1 but I was going to call this version 1.2.1.
>
>Log messages are important to let other project members know what you
>did with your modification/addition. You can see examples of this in our
>cvs-commits list archive.
>
>http://www.mail-archive.com/leaf-cvs-commits%40lists.sourceforge.net/

Thanks for the link.  I see the kind of thing I should have done now.  Is
there any way to go back and amend my log message?

>The CVS version numbers are for CVS, and have little or nothing to do
>with release version numbers.

Right - I may have messed up a bit then.  I've based my version numbers on
those I found in CVS for the original developer guide, developer.rtf.  From
what you say that might have been a mistake.

>Tags are used to indicate release
>versions.

Tags?  You mean in the XML, or is this another CVS thing?

>Maybe someone else will have the time to attend to the creation of the
>other formats.

I'm still working on it - I'll let you know if I get anywhere.

cheers

Julian

www.ljchurch.co.uk