Eric

At 15:27 17.07.2003 +0200, eric wolzak wrote:
Hello Mohan, Erich, Charles and other

The "early package " system can be changed ofcourse, but don't forget that
the syslinux.cfg brings more information than just
what packages to load.
It defines the boot and Package load medium.
System size and so on.
The actual linuxrc (also under Bering) is so made that it still is backward
compatible but with the options Charles introduced to override the
syslinux.cfg settings with a file on the boot medium for package loading
etc.

one suggestion was something like:
can't we "always load root,etc, lib" and indicate only the rest.

My suggestion was to leave the system as is but leaving the LRP= string in syslinux.cfg empty (if necessary at all) and use lrpkg.cfg mandatory for the package definition.

I believe this is more of a documentation issue than anything else because this is possible anyway right now.

Concerning the other parameters in syslinux.cfg, e.g. boot media, floppy switch, serial line Console e.t.c. this was not addressed here and leaves space for more discussion.

Erich

THINK
Püntenstrasse 39
8143 Stallikon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Fingerprint: BC9A 25BC 3954 3BC8 C024 8D8A B7D4 FF9D 05B8 0A16

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.net email is sponsored by: VM Ware With VMware you can run multiple operating systems on a single machine. WITHOUT REBOOTING! Mix Linux / Windows / Novell virtual machines at the same time. Free trial click here: http://www.vmware.com/wl/offer/345/0