Martin

At 22:08 10.02.2004, Martin Hejl wrote:
..The last one caught my eye - since one of the things LEAF surely is lacking is a mechanism for updating packages (I guess the recent discussion about Smoothwall made that clear too).

Unfortunately, luau doesn't seem like an option to us (at first glance, it seems to need libdb and libxml2), but of course, that doesn't mean we can't use the same ideas as lua.

Just my two cents - I'd like to see a way to keep a leaf box updated easily (meaning, without the need for a separate devel box to merge updated packages with the existing config files).

If anybody has some great ideas, I'd love to hear them (anything I could come up with, like extracting the packages in /tmp and replacing everything but the files mentioned in the packagename.conf file sounded like a dirty hack to me, especially since it may cause problems if the updated package actually requires updating the config...)

I was under the impression that the config system by Chad, Lynn et al would be a step in this direction, else I did not get its meaning.

Erich

THINK Püntenstrasse 39 8143 Stallikon mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] PGP Fingerprint: BC9A 25BC 3954 3BC8 C024 8D8A B7D4 FF9D 05B8 0A16