On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 12:26, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> But I agree, the initramfs approach would make a technical cleaner
> implementation. But it also means (because of redundancy and a bigger
> kernel (2.6)) a bigger base image. I also don't see a lot of real
> advantages for our case yet.

Eric,
There may not be at this time. However, I believe someone in the leaf
community should evaluate it now, and work on prof-of-concept/Alpha.
This would allow the rest of us to try it out, and see if it does have
long term benefits that aren't obvious right now.

        Note: I'm not advocating Bering uClibc switch to initramfs.

SF.net Projects: leaf, phpwebsite, phpwebsite-comm, sitedocs