On Thu, 2011-10-20 at 08:10 -0700, Mike Noyes wrote:
> Subject was: Re: [leaf-devel] Separate Git branch for 4.1-fixes ?
> On Wed, 2011-10-19 at 20:59 +0200, KP Kirchdoerfer wrote:
> - snip -
> > Also the leaf-user list is quiet - are there no users any longer, or are
> > they just satisfied with the work and use LEAF silently?
>
> KP,
> Unknown. Leaf-user shows 459 members, so there are still people paying
> some level of attention to leaf.

Everyone,
All marketing ideas are welcome.

> > The 190 downloads in two weeks may also be a good number, given that LEAF
> > has zero press in the last years
>
> This is my fault. I haven't worked on marketing since we discontinued
> our project domain (leaf-project.org). Nor have I updated our website.
>
>         * No listing on distrowatch.com

Anyone with time and desire, feel free to attend to this task.

>         * Old website

I suggest we backup the content in phpWebsite, and change the default
website to:

http://leaf.sourceforge.net/ -> http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/leaf/

        Add prominent links to: Trac, IdeaTorrent, and Gitweb

                http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/leaf/
                http://sourceforge.net/apps/ideatorrent/leaf/
                http://leaf.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb-index.cgi

Old phpWebsite content backup:
http://leaf.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/leaf/sourceforge/phpwebsite/

>         * Haven't installed hook script for git commit mailing list

I'll attend to this.

--
Mike Noyes
http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes