Am Donnerstag, 3. November 2011, 18:50:47 schrieb davidMbrooke:
> Hi,
>
> Just wondering if anyone has got a preferred approach for handling Perl
> modules (.pm files) which are required for Perl-based LRP Packages but
> which are:
>    - Not included in the standard Perl distribution
>    - Available from CPAN (http://www.cpan.org/)
>    - Potentially used by several Packages
>
> Main options seem to be:
>    1. Include them in perl.lrp
>       - This currently has Socket6.pm added
>       - It is firmly aimed at supporting "Shorewall" though
>    2. Include them in 'package'.lrp and hope that no other Package needs
> them (or include them in multiple Packages?)
>    3. Include them in an optional Package called e.g. cpan.lrp which
> contains numerous "non-standard" but (potentially) shared Perl modules
>    4. Include them in their own individual Packages
>
> I don't favour #1 (too much overhead if just using Perl for Shorewall)
> or #4 (too much work for me :-) but I can't easily decide between #2 and
> #3.

I vote for #3.

We've made a similar decision while moving from Bering to Bering-uClibc,
where we decoupled libs from the packages built against libs, because it
was too confusing and you had to install a package only because of the libs
included,  on other times the libs has been packaged twice or three times.

I agree that #4 may too much work and may too much packages.