Am 11.12.2011 17:06, schrieb Andrew:
> Hi all.
> I made some changes into kernel config today (I replaced cache allocator
> from slab to slob on non-SMP embedded targets - slob seems to have less
> resource consumption due to it's simplicity, and is targeted for small
> systems); also I enabled heap randomization (it's recommended value),
> and I choose to use -O2 optimization instead of -Os for i686 kernel
> (it's targeted for generic systems, so even some additional MBs of
> consumed memory shouldn't be a big trouble if it'll grant some speed-up).
> Any opinions about these changes? And anybody can check how LEAF will
> work with these changes?

Mine does :)

Made further changes ep. for Geode-based devices, and reduced kernel and
initrd size by approx. 80kb.

I ran over ISDN support, which has been a "known issue" of being
unsupported since Bering-uClibc moved to 4.x. On the other hand there
had been no complaints to re-add it quickly. I assume nowadays ISDN has
been completly replaced by DSL and other connections..

Does any of the telephony applications (yate, asterisk) do need ISDN
support?
Otherwise it may removed from the kernel.

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011