Hi KP

on 02.02.2012 17:52, KP Kirchdoerfer wrote:
> Am 01.02.2012 23:24, schrieb Erich Titl:
>> Hi KP
>>
>> rerouted to leaf-devel
>>
>> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>> Betreff: Re: [leaf-devel] Fwd: Re: Env: Re: Fwd: Re: ipsec
>> Datum: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 19:58:03 +0100
>> Von: KP Kirchdoerfer <kap...@users.sourceforge.net>
>> An: Erich Titl <erich.t...@think.ch>

>> * Disable USE_IPSECPOLICY per default, was only proof of concept code [Paul]
>>    (local user could cause pluto to stop responding if /var/run is a tmpfs
>>     mount and /var/run/pluto was manually deleted, Found by Sony Japan)
>>
>> I believe showpolicy has been little used and might show problems.
>
> Hi Erich;
>
> you asked me to build a new upstream version, and given that I've used
> openswan years ago the last time, I tried to be in par with your latest
> version. Feel free to commit a fix if you think
> showpolicy/USE-IPSECPOLICY is not needed.

Please don't be offended, it appears that the default behaviour of the
upstream version has changed. IMHO we should honour the upstream
developers decision. In that case we should just purge the dependency in
the buildtool.cfg file.

I never used ipsecpolicy and it may well be worth having it. I am just
puzzled by Paul Wouters remark that this was only proof of concept code.

Erich