On 11/26/2011 11:04 AM, Andrew wrote:
-snip-
> Cross-compiling should work IMHO in right way (maybe except some buggy
> packages that'll require patching). Now toolchain is built for host
> arch, and it creates executables for target arch (in my case - x86_64 ->
> x86). But I haven't hw to check how sources will be ran; also
> cross-compilation to non-x86 will require kernel config modification to
> target platform; also buildtool.pl/buildpacket.pl waits till they'll
> have 'arch' key specified; + MasterInclude.mk also will require small
> modification for conditional setting cflags/target name and so on.

Andrew,
With the release of Raspberry Pi and Cotton Candy, does cross-compiling
work yet? These devices are generating considerable community interest.
They're not ideal for our usual user base, but should provide a good way
to test cross-compile at little expense to our developers.

With Raspberry Pi and Cotton Candy, Linux Launches a Revolution
https://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/251088/with_raspberry_pi_and_cotton_candy_linux_launches_a_revolution.html

--
Mike Noyes
http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes