Am 15.05.2012 21:20, schrieb davidMbrooke:
> On Sat, 2012-05-05 at 12:12 +0100, davidMbrooke wrote:
>> No response from Rich (yet) so I've kicked off a project at
>> freelancer.co.uk and I'll pick one of the bidders to see what they come
>> up with.
>>
>> david
>
> My commission for a new logo at freelancer.co.uk has been completed.
> The graphic artist came up with a logo to try to emphasize the "leaf"
> and "framework" aspects, and also something that is different from other
> "leaf" logos. (Do a Google Images search for "leaf logo" and you get a
> *lot* of hits!)
>
> I have the full vector-format source for the graphics and have been
> assigned full copyright (but I will release under the Creative Commons
> Attribution-ShareAlike license). Before I upload to the "leaf/leaf" Git
> repository I want to check how the rest of you like the new artwork.
>
> I have uploaded a .png version of the full logo to our Wiki and
> (temporarily) added it to the Main Page:
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/leaf/index.php?title=Main_Page
>
> I'm also thinking of removing the text and using just the graphic
> portion in some places (e.g. the Wiki sidebar).
>
> What do you think? I won't be offended (much) if you don't like it :-)

Hi David;

I'm (positively) surprised of the result.

My first impression is that I like the move to a green colorization. The
logo itself also expresses  a sort of "linking networks".
I also like the "underline"  I'm not shure about "LEAF" being that
prominent/huge. But without it, it may look "empty", and something
smaller might have been tested by the author...

To summarize: As longer I look at it, the more I like it. And the
possibility to just use logo itself, or the full one - when appropriate
- gives enough freedom.