Hi KP

Am 11.04.2015 um 10:28 schrieb Repository LEAF Linux Embedded Appliance
Framework bering-uclibc.git:
> master: change to minstrel rate control for ath9k
> http://sourceforge.net/p/leaf/bering-uclibc/ci/aad8bfb2eb88d1a7d551c38cbecbc0411a1674d9/
> <http://sourceforge.net/p/leaf/bering-uclibc/ci/aad8bfb2eb88d1a7d551c38cbecbc0411a1674d9>

I was curious what exactly was changed and where this change would show
up in the config files.

So I looked at

Bering-3.14.36.config and
Bering-3.14.36.config-geode

there is

CONFIG_ATH9K_LEGACY_RATE_CONTROL=y

which means legacy as opposed of minstrel is still enabled

So apparently the changes show only up in the patch files.

*** 1973,1989 ****
  CONFIG_ATH9K_PCI=y
  CONFIG_ATH9K_AHB=y
  # CONFIG_ATH9K_DEBUGFS is not set
- # CONFIG_ATH9K_WOW is not set
  # CONFIG_ATH9K_LEGACY_RATE_CONTROL is not set

There are multiple patch files for the different variants of the kernel.
IMHO changes that affect _all_ variants should not go into the various
patches, but the central config file (which apparently is ported from
one to the other release anyway)

My reasoning is that even with the small variety of variants this leads
to administrative overhead and thus errors. I was looking into the
easiest way to activate squashfs control for all variants and I was
surprised by this. Also by centrally patching or adapting the size of
the patches applied would be decreased and they would be easier to read
and understand.

What would be the easiest way to handle this incongruity?

Thanks

ET