I think I'm starting to see what's going on with SourceForge.

http://freecode.com/about
The Freecode site has been moved to a static state effective June 18,
2014 due to low traffic levels and so that folks will focus on more
useful endeavors than site upkeep.

SourceForge Open Source Mirror Directory
http://sourceforge.net/mirror/
The Open Source Mirror Directory is an extension to our existing
software directory, where we'll be mirroring projects that are not
hosted on SourceForge, and SourceForge projects that have been abandoned
.

On 06/03/2015 06:27 AM, Mike Noyes wrote:
> Third party offers will be presented with Opt-In projects only
> https://sourceforge.net/blog/third-party-offers-will-be-presented-with
- -o

pt-in-projects-only/

> In an effort to address a number of concerns we have been hearing
> from the media and community at large, we at SourceForge would like
> to note that we have stopped presenting third party offers for
> unmaintained SourceForge projects.
>
> While we had recently tested presenting easy-to-decline third
> party offers with a very small number of unmaintained SourceForge
> projects, we discontinued this practice promptly based on negative
> community feedback.  At this time, we present third party offers
> only with a few projects where it is explicitly approved by the
> project developer, or if the project is already bundling third
> party offers.
>
> As a company, we at SourceForge pride ourselves on being highly
> responsive to our community members and, with that in mind, do our
> best to respond to all communications and address all concerns in
> a timely manner. We encourage anyone that would like additional
> information about our practices or specific issues they have  to
> reach out to us directly by using the “Help” link in the header of
> the SourceForge site, which provides contact information for our
> Support team and which will ensure any questions or issues you may
> have are resolved in an efficient manner. As usual feel free to
> contact us also at communityt...@sourceforge.net.

- --
Mike Noyes
http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes