06.06.2015 02:34, kp kirchdoerfer пишет:
> Hi Erich;
>
> ...sorry for being late.
>
> Am Dienstag, 2. Juni 2015, 10:44:39 schrieb Erich Titl:
>> Hi KP
>>
>> I am somewhat online again and I would like to get the upgrade thing
>> running (again). Looking at the packages repo I only see 5_0 and 5_1.
> I haven't changed anything since your tests. Looking at git commit logs it
> should be 5.1.4.
>
> Could you try to cleanup the packages repo before 5.2? Or even add some notes
> (e.g. the wiki) how to deal with the repository so it could be used to update
> from via a command line tool?
> As-Is is a bit confusing (yes I know it is mainly for testing now).
>
>> What is the actual content (5.1.x) of 5_1?
>> Will there be a 5_2 (5.2.x) sometime soon?
> I just added 5.2-rc1 images to FRS at sourceforge.
>
> Hopefully end of month a final version will be available.
>
> It looks pretty stable, but I hope we can solve questions/issues  I found,
> that would be worth to be solved before the final version, although they are
> no
> showstoppers:
>
> - do we need modules.tgz anymore? It adds a few MB to images...
It isn't needed by scripts, but it's needed for systems with small storage.

> - hwdetect seems to search every time at boot the sqfs file and copies the
> modules to /lib/modules. Takes a long time to boot, and I prefer that after
> first boot and saving modules, it won't be searching any longer at boot. How
> do
> we deal with additions in /etc/modules then? Currently (5.1.4) the file is
> used
> by hwdetect to find drivers in moduls.tgz, copies to /lib/modules, saved by
> the
> user to modules.lro and they are available at next boot.
This takes just 10-15sec, but makes hardware/software upgrade much
easier (esp. for systems with NICs which drivers aren't included in
moddb.lrp).
In any case you can remove modules.sqfs and get old behavior (except
hwdetect - it currently uses modules.sqfs but I can add support for
legacy behavior if sqfs is missed).

Modules from /etc/modules are copied with dependencies to /lib/modules
(and then - loaded as earlier).