Hi Andrew

Am 02.07.2015 um 21:59 schrieb Andrew:
Hi.

I think that it isn't a good idea to modify proprietary package test
dataset - at least till we expect to use it as one of speedtest.net
servers, not as stand-alone host. Also, it uses jpeg images as test
dataset - jpeg generation is enough resource-hungry.

Ah I see it is using a defined uplink host. Mhhhh... the ones I have been playing with were downloading their images first step.

Weird though, as the output of /dev/random shoud be about as uncompressible as jpeg images.

Whatever, that explains the size but makes it rather pointless for small footprint devices, although storage has grown tremendously.

cheers

Erich