Hi Erich;

Am Mittwoch, 7. Oktober 2015, 17:05:09 schrieb Erich Titl:
> Hi
>
> Bad Karma, but I found the reason myself :-(

Sorry for late response, have been on holidays last week :)

> Am 07.10.2015 um 15:01 schrieb Erich Titl:
> > Hi KP
> >
> > you apparently had the same failure about 2 years ago. I could not find
> > the solution in the archives though.
> >
> > debug1: Allocating pty.
> > openpty: No space left on device
> > session_pty_req: session 0 alloc failed
>
> My previous version was 4.1 and there was no entry in fstab for devpts.
> I added stuff to /etc/fstab locally, actually completely legal and saved
> the changes to configdb, thus the fstab was overwritten and lacked the
> entries for the newly created mount points in 5.x.

You are right, if you have saved previously changes in fstab to configdb.lrp
and just *replace* etc.lrp, providing an updated fstab, your saved fstab will
overwrite the new one - and consequently you'll be missing the changes.

This does not happen, if one adds a new etc.lrp with "apkg -u", where changes
between confg files are noticed to the user, who can then decide to Keep the
old file, to Replace it with the new version, to Show differences or to Edit a
merge file.

Can your upgrade script handle this better (does it run apkg -u for
Packages?), than the sole replacement of the Package file??

This would be a welcome improvement.

> Had I upgraded the router previously to 5.x this would probably have
> occurred earlier, it is a 4.x to 5.x issue. I suggest to document this
> in some gotcha section of an upgrade guide.

Yes; I'll try to take care of this tomorrow.

thx for catching it