Hi Folks

One of my constant moans on LEAF is the inconsistent way of log
rotation. The existing software is not flexble and not well user
confgurable. There is no way neither to compress all archive files. Then
there is this long forgotten lrp.conf file which used to control some of
the rotation aspects for some packages.

I have circumvented this in the past by installing my own logrotate
package, but again it required disabling the existing scripts, somehow
saving them e.t.c.

I would like to change the existing mechanism by basing all logrotation
functions on the logrotate mechanism. It requires little change to the
existing scripts, makes multicron lighter, concentrates all aspects of
log rotation in small configuration files in the /etc/logrotate.d
directory and is a lot more flexible and IMHO a lot easier to configure.

Any objections?

cheers

ET