This is for i486 target? USB is compiled in, or as module? Is USB
present on target platform? USB is enough fat, and not all legacy
platforms have USB.

For geode, of course it have a big sense (there's a single CPU and
single chipset). + I think thatsome platform-specific things like WDT
should be also compiled into kernel.

But I'm in doubt about generic targets with tens of ATA/SATA controllers.