Hi Yves

KP has asked me to port my stuff from new-initrd to master. I would like
to do that with a minimum of manual intervention, but I am a bit stuck
with the way the LEAF project is built within the git repository.

The branch new-initrd is branched off tag 5.2.2. In the meantime maint
and master have progressed. Now to me it would be logical to rebase
new-initrd to maint before trying to either merge it to master or
cherrypick the few changes. The thing that puzzles me most is the fact
that some configuration files have changed names in the meantime, which
will make a clean merge impossible.

I also read that rebasing a published branch is frowned upon.

What would you suggest to overcome all this?

Thanks

Erich