HI Bob;

Am Montag, 28. März 2016, 14:15:44 schrieb Bob von Knobloch:
> On 28/03/16 10:17, kp kirchdoerfer wrote:
> > What Fritzbox do you use?
> > Have you activated pppoe passthrough so the FB is only used as modem?
> >
> > kp
>
> Hi KP,
> It's a Fritzbox 7272.
>
> I don't yet have VOIP enable (by Telekom). I want the simplest possible
> configuration (i.e. just the Fritzbox) for the 'changeover' day (14th.
> April). Trying to explain LEAF to a Telekom "engineer" (ha-ha) is just
> wasting time. They do know what a Fritzbox is, so I just want that
> connected to the wires on 14 April. I like a simple life - rarely get
> it, though :=)
>
> At the moment, all is working on the Fritzbox alone (except the built-in
> DHCP server doesn't do proper internal DDNS (like dnsmasq), so I've
> filled out the hosts file on every machine (I've about 15 PCs and
> devices to manage - more than I thought). It's all working - just not as
> I want it.
>
> The 7272 doesn't mention PPPOE pass-through, but it does allow it's WAN
> port to do IP , so I could (later) put the Fritz behind the LEAF, acting
> solely as a VOIP interface.

Tis won't work, as you'll need a VDSL modem to connect your LEAF box via VDSL
to WAN.

> OR (what I really want)
> is to put the LEAF as a purely IP router behind the Fritz, using this
> only as a split between 'Internet' and VOIP. I.e. the Fritz acts just as
> a Modem as far as the (non-VOIP) network is concerned.

There are pure VDSL modems as I mentioned some weeks ago, but it seems you
have made your choice to still use ISDN instead pure VOIP and choosed the
Fritzbox to solve the ISDN issue.

It seems quite nasty to get such a combination running with box like LEAF.
I had exactly one ISDN phone, though a nice one I have to say in hindsight,
and decided to go solely with VOIP phone(s).

Maybe this page helps
https://www.administrator.de/frage/fritzbox-7490-vdsl-modem-sonicwall-tz205-m%C3%B6glich-274824.html

> This puts my network directly on the LEAF box, which I trust far more
> than I do Mr. Fritz (which also had WLAN of unknown security and various
> dangerous protocols, for example 'UPN' running).
> Still plugging at the interface. When connected to a switch, it shows
> manic activity, but when connected to a PC with a cross cable there are
> no packets. I'm starting to wonder if it is damaged. Maybe I'll
> reconfigure to use only 3 interfaces and try that.

kp