M. Warner Losh wrote:

Michael Sokolov writes

: M. Warner Losh <i...@bsdimp.com> wrote:
:
: > I know that nobody is proposing rubber seconds today.
:
: Wrong!  I am!

I don't think that's a viable thing to do.  It would play havoc with
anything except the most low-precision timing applications.  And if
you don't solve the problem for high-precision timing applications,
I'm not sure that it is a viable solution.

I figured I'd grab a chance to agree wholeheartedly with Warner :-)

Just one comment. The requirements for "timing applications" (of whatever precision) are distinct from the requirements for civil clock applications.

Rob