This article on RealClimate about sea-level predictions:

https://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2021/05/why-is-future-sea-level-rise-still-so-uncertain/

almost casually mentions:

        * gravitational, rotational and deformational (GRD) effects

and then proceeds to say very little more about it:

        Furthermore, one important factor in how WAIS will affect
        sea level is how fast the lithosphere will respond to changes
        in the ice loading (part of the GRD effects mentioned above).

Googling tells me that the "GRD" concept was introduced in 2019 by this paper:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/332757282_Concepts_and_Terminology_for_Sea_Level_Mean_Variability_and_Change_Both_Local_and_Global

I guess that's where the geophycics of "missing" or even negative
leap-seconds live now.

p...@freebsd.org         | TCP/IP since RFC 956