I agree with these comments, but I think the paper isn’t out yet and fear it
will be behind the Metrologia paywall when it does come out.  But that’s ok
because I see Judah Levine of NIST is a coauthor.  That’s good.  I like to say
that everyone should have a NIST coauthor because their papers are not subject
to copyright plus they get placed on their web site.     (Of course, there are
other reasons too.)

You might be interested in this presentation I gave at the CGSIC last month,
entitled “Will we have a negative leap second”:
https://www.gps.gov/cgsic/meetings/2022/matsakis.pdf