Dear Leap,

On Monday, 20 March 2023 00:24:56 CET, you wrote:

> <https://insidegnss.com/will-we-have-a-negative-leap-second/>
> [Screen-Shot-2023-03-19-at-4.44.52-PM.jpg]
> Will We Have a Negative Leap
> Second?<https://insidegnss.com/will-we-have-a-negative-leap-second/>
> insidegnss.com<https://insidegnss.com/will-we-have-a-negative-leap-second/>

Thanks for the interesting read!

In your Conclusion, you say "the CGPM resolution also stipulates that no
change to current practices can occur before 2035."

This is not how I read read the CGPM document on the BIPM website:
"The General Conference on Weights and Measures (CGPM), at its 27th meeting
[...] decides that the maximum value for the difference (UT1-UTC) will be
increased in, or before, 2035,"

So in case the negative leap seconds become a real threat, according to my
interpretation is is an option to increase the tolerance value earlier than
2035 to avoid trying out negative leap seconds a last and first time.

Can someone confirm my view?

Best regards,
        Jürgen Appel