On 2023-08-26 17:58, John Sauter via LEAPSECS wrote:

According to the IERS, today, for the first time since the
establishment of the modern definition of UTC in 1973, the quantity
UT1-UTC crosses zero while increasing.  If this continues we will have
a negative leap second, probably some time in the 2030s.

https://datacenter.iers.org/data/html/bulletina-xxxvi-034.html

   I do not think that a negative leap second is coming up so
   soon with the latest predictions of the IERS. At the
   currently predicted LOD of -0.08 ms/d, it takes 24 years
   for UT1 - UTC to increase from 0.0 s to 0.7 s; and by then,
   leap seconds will have been "suspended".

   Michael Deckers.