Isn't this exactly as it was supposed to play out ?
Before Bielsa, Phillips was hopeless. Bielsa gave him the ideal role where his
pace wasn't exposed in a unique system. It worked the majority of the time but
even then he had some stinkers with Bielsa subbing him early (at half time
once) a few times. He was never going to be nearly good enough for City but one
good England game against poor opposition at Wembley and a few average
performances sat next Declan Rice and others in midfield seemed to have fooled
some people. Pep obviously took one look at him in training and decided he
wasn't good enough. A good manager ! He played a ridiculous amount of football
for City over 2 years and the one thing we know about KP is that he was always
slow to get back to form after absence. So now he's thrown on the frontline for
the Hammers and he hasn't a chance. Playing as an out and out midfielder in the
premier league he just stands out as not being good enough and he's still not
getting the game time because he's making mistakes and showing his lack of pace
every game. He's so slow and he's never going to be good enough.
Would I have him back at Leeds ? No way., especially if we get promoted.
The only way back for Philips is for him to accept what he is and drop down a
league or 2 and try to rebuild his career.
He's got enough brass though so we shouldn't feel sorry for him.
The Yorkshire Piroe - not a chance.

    On Wednesday, 3 April 2024 at 15:34:21 BST, Simon McNally via Leedslist