For General distribution - re-posting encouraged!

Dear friends,

I am sending you this note to let you know about the VLGA (Victorian
Local Governance Association) web site at:
http://home.vicnet.net.au/~viclga/

I am aware that this is an unsolicited mail and would appreciate if you
could let me know if you do not wish to receive updates about this site
in the future.

VLGA has been very busy lately with input into legislative changes,
working with the MAV on the Code of Good Governance and the proposed new
panel, organising Conferences and Courses, and responding to the needs
of it's members.

Much of this work (the paper version) can be found on the web site. VLGA
has endeavored to make information about it's activities accessible to
it's members and wider community via this site and we sincerely hope
it'll be of assistance to you as individuals, Councils, Councillors and
community groups.

If you have visited the site before then you may wish to start with
'What's New', at: http://home.vicnet.net.au/~viclga/new.html

If you are looking for specific information it might be best to skip
over to the 'Site map', at:
http://home.vicnet.net.au/~viclga/sitemap.html

Want to know more about the forthcoming Course for candidates and
councillors: Becoming an Effective Councillor, December 1998 Program -
check out:
http://home.vicnet.net.au/~viclga/Course.html

Curious about which Councils are VLGA members? Then see:
http://home.vicnet.net.au/~viclga/links.html  This page will also take
you to their respective web sites.

If you'd like to see, or use VLGA's media releases then go over to:
http://home.vicnet.net.au/~viclga/Media.html

Perhaps you'd like to read our latest newsletter, Local Democracy? We'd
like you to join VLGA but we have made our newsletter accessible to you
anyway, see:
http://home.vicnet.net.au/~viclga/LocalDemocracy.html

Want to join us? See: http://home.vicnet.net.au/~viclga/index.htm

And how about providing us with some feedback? We'd love to hear from
you and have placed a page up for your responses. Sadly, as it's only a
day old it's a bit empty ):
Help us fill it! ..and come back to check, at:
http://home.vicnet.net.au/~viclga/feedback.html

There's a lot more on our web site that you may find useful, but I won't
bore you now, I know you are busy being active in whatever you have
chosen to participate in, so until next time....

Yours Sincerely
Snez Plunkett, VLGA web master

PS If you wish to contact VLGA - the e-mail address is:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]