-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Melbourne & Ballarat Public Hearing on WTO
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 14:02:33 +1000
From: "Alan Griffiths" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Dear Everyone,

You can now register a placement on the DFAT site if you wish to attend the
public hearing in Melbourne, concerning DFATs negotiations at the WTO Round
on Australia's behalf.

It is imperative that we get as many people along as possible to illustrate
our opposition to these comprehensive talks that aim to exclude all
Indigenous, Labour, Environmental and civic rights, among a whole gamut of
other 'Non-Tariff-Barriers' as well. In fact anything which stands in the
way of corporations from making money. Plus a similar MAI (Multilateral
Agreement on Investment) has not been ruled out. If this does not concerned
you yet, then how about an entire fire sale of all our services under GATS
(General Agreement on Trade & Services), ie. what's left of our education,
health, utilities, audiovisual sector, telecommunications etc, etc.

Please get as many people along as possible. This may be your only chance
to meet the people who are making decisions that directly effect your
future and your children's.

Thank you for you help,

yours,

AL