A quick update for friends of the women's trust:

- 16 Days of Activism to end violence against women: our friends at the
International Women's Development Agency are organising a special screening
of "SOFT FRUIT" next Thursday 25 November at 6.30pm at the Kino Cinema, 45
Collins St Melbourne. Cost is $10.00 and there are limited seats so book
early. Ph: 9650 5574  or Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Speakers are Anne Walker, Executive Director International Women's Tribune
Centre New York and Marg D'arcy, Manager, Centre Against Sexual Assault.

- Backroom to Boardroom: with over 300 confirmed so far, there are still
places at the annual corporate dinner for the Women's Trust, which takes
place next Wednesday 24 November at the Grand Hyatt Melbourne. This year's
event is sponsored by Hewlett-Packard and the keynote speaker is Dr Marianne
Broadbent of the GartnerGroup on "From Bricks and Mortar to Clicks &
Mortar". Tickets for the dinner (our major fundraiser) are $100 or $85 for
Trust members. Phone Sophie or Kate on 9642 1295, or email [EMAIL PROTECTED]

- Technology & the Workplace research: The Clark Hummerston Group, in
partnership with the Women's Trust, has conducted a survey into how
technology is affecting our lives, in the workplace and at home. A media
launch is being held at the Trust this Wednesday morning so look for plenty
of press coverage on this interesting research. If you'd like a copy of the
findings, just ask.

- Cyberfeminism: Continuing the IT theme, the Women's Trust has limited
copies of this fascinating new book for sale at only $20 (RRP $25).
Cyberfeminism is an international anthology exploring the possibilities for
feminism in cyberspace, edited by Susan Hawthorne & Renate Klein. To order
your copy, contact the Trust on 9642 0422 or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

- On a personal note: Yes, I'm still here! My departure to the US has been
delayed, and of course I'm very happy to stay on board with the Trust for a
little longer. I'm back on the house-minding circuit for a while, so let me
know if you need your home, dogs, cats, plants tended to with the usual
loving care. :)

kind regards,

Sophie Best

LL.VK