BEST WAY TO CELEBRATE THE MILLENIUM: DROP THE DEBT!

Sun, 05 Dec 1999
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

JUBILEE 2000 PETITION

The chain email - Drop the Debt

*Jubilee 2000 wants to make the world's largest petition by collecting 22
million signatures in favour of debt cancellation for the poorest countries

*17 million signatures already collected

*You can sign by email

*Just send a message to  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  with your NAME, CITY
and COUNTRY in the main subject box

*Forward this email to all your friends and email buddies

The full text of the petition you are signing up to is:

We, the undersigned,

*believe that the start of the new millennium should be a time to give hope
to the impoverished people of the world.

*To make a fresh start, we believe it right to put behind us the mistakes
made by both lenders and borrowers, and to cancel the backlog of unpayable
debts of the most impoverished nations.

*We call upon the leaders of lending nations to write off these debts by
the year 2000. We ask them to take effective steps to prevent such high
levels of debt building up again. We look for a new beginning to celebrate
the millennium.

You can find out more about debt at http://www.jubilee2000uk.org

THIS CHAIN EMAIL WAS STARTED BY RACHEL JENKINS (EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND).

Dr. Paul Jenkins Director Centre for Environment & Human Settlements
School of Planning & Housing Edinburgh College of Art/Heriot-Watt University
79 Grassmarket Edinburgh EH1 2HJ SCOTLAND
Phone:     +44 131 221 6162
Fax:       +44 131 221 6163
Internet:  http://www.eca.ac.uk/planning/cehs.htm