--PLEASE CIRCULATE WIDELY--

Solidarity Gathering,
Fri 4th April,
12.50-1.30pm, Preston Mosque

Following on from our successful gathering last Friday, we're doing it
again, bigger and better - and we'll have plenty of Peace placards
this time!  We received a terrific response from the local Islamic
community, and we all found the experience personally rewarding and
positive.  So please join us this week (even if it's only for 10
minutes during your lunch hour) and spread the word!

The Preston Mosque is one of the main Islamic centres in Victoria.
Supporters of peace and harmony are invited to gather this Friday
outside the Mosque in a demonstration of caring and solidarity with
Melbourne's Islamic community, as they arrive for prayers.

The Islamic community in general, and the ethnic Iraqi community in
particular, are especially vulnerable during this war.  Western
casualties, and the possibility of chemical or biological weapons
being used against the US-led troops, are both likely triggers for an
eruption of local hostility towards the Islamic community.  At the
same time, the Iraqi community itself is enduring a very distressing
period, having to cope with the implications and consequences of an
attack on their friends, family and homeland, even as many might hope
that the tyrant Saddam is deposed.

For all of us who feel powerless in this terrible period, here is an
opportunity to show how much we care for those bearing the brunt of
the calamity here in Australia.

This event is intended to repeat each Friday, until peace and
stability have returned to Iraq.

Details:
      Fri 4th April,
      12.50-1.30pm
      Preston Mosque, Cramer St Preston
      (short walk from Preston station or Gilbert Rd tram)

For further information, contact:
Chris Chaplin
E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
M: 0400 886 876

This activity is non-denominational and non-party-political.  Please
circulate this notice widely.

..