I am seeking your support for a letter to the South Australian
Government to encourage the inclusion of women's perspectives and
opinions on the matter of constitutional and parliamentary reform.
Your support involves a quick and simple process of going to the
web site:
  http://www.PetitionOnline.com/womensa/petition.html
and filling in your details.
The petition will be open until the 12 June. It would be much
appreciated it you could forward this email (by cut and paste) to
anyone you know who may be interested in signing.
Dr Tahnya Donaghy
Hawke Research Institute,
University of SA

Forwarded by Denise Tzumli

Dear Friends,
Please take the time to do this. I have been slow to respond, and
was shocked to see that I was only the 48th person to sign this
more than a week after I initially received it.

Women's views on the State Constitution are very important, since
it can be changed in Parliament itself without having to go to a
referendum.

Some of you may have received my e-mail regarding the recent
elections in Wales (reproduced below)  where 50% of MPs are women.
The Welsh women had to do a great deal of trading and negotiating
to achieve this and it's secure only so long as the deals hold.
If we want equal representation in Parliament, the rules and
processes of elections and Parliament must require that at least
50% of MPs are women. We shouldn't need to rely on either
exceptionally hard dedicated work by women or men's goodwill -
surely by now equal representation is our right.

Please sign the petition now while you are still online, or flag
it to do as soon as you next go online.
Denise
The original report below, does not celebrate this astounding
event enough. In the new Welsh Assembly women are the majority on
the government benches. It is even a LARGE majority!! The earth
trembles as thousands of women leap up from their computers
jumping and dancing for joy, running and leaping, shouting out
loud "it is possible!"
Denise Tzumli