GET IT LIVE - GET IT AT TRADES HALL ARTS, bringing class back into the
class struggle . . .

THE MOMENT
presented by Defector-Art Theatre
The first production of this exciting new theatre company will be The
Moment. This play is a thought provoking and challenging mind trip. Why
do we make changes to our lives and what is the thought process that
allows it to happen. Step inside someone else's head to find out.

Performed by Frank Otis, Isabel Nalato, Phoebe-Madelaine Waltham and Lee
McClenaghan. Written by Frank Otis. Directed by Paul Otis.

The Old Council Chambers
8pm Weds - Sat, until Oct 25th
Tickets $18 Full/ $12 Conc - Bookings Ph: 9318 5271

THERE'S BLOOD IN YOUR COFFEE
Film screening
The workers of Cabuyao, located in the bustling industrial belt in
Southern Tagalog, Philippines have been on strike since January 14,
2001. The primary issue in the labor conflict is the Nestle management's
refusal to include the retirement benefits in the collective bargaining
agreement (CBA).

This film is about the courage, spirit and resistance of the Filipino
workers at Nestle . .
.

The New Ballroom
7pm Thursday, October 23rd
FREE Event - Donations welcome

WITH THESE ARMS - CD LAUNCH & CONCERT
Celebrating the Centenary of the MUA
It's hard to think of another union in the world that has had so many
songs written about it. Is to do with the constant global traveling of
sailors? or the multicultural mix of waterside workers? or the union's
long history of active interest in Australian theatre, film, art and music?

The MUA Centenary CD, With These Arms, is a compilation of songs and
poems from many sources, from emails from old LPs and tapes, from CDs,
pamphlets, magazines, and books. Performers at the concert include:
Peter Hicks, Tim O'Brien, Wendy Lowenstein, Clem Parkinson, Mark Gregory
& The Trade Union Choir

The New Ballroom
7:30pm Thursday, Oct 30th
Entry by donation

JABILUKA - A NATIONAL DAY OF CELEBRATION
The campaign to stop Jabiluka mine has shown all Australians that, by
working and walking together with courage, creativity and commitment, we
can create a better future for the people and coutry of Kakadu, and the
world. If you ever did anything to stop Jabiluka from whackin'a sticker
on your car to blockading the company headquarters now is the time to
celebrate!

Share both your memories of the campaign and your joy at this monumental
win with others. Great music including Andy Alberts, Roadhouse and much
more. Great speakers will be appearing on the night and fantastic food
will be available.

The New Ballroom
6:30pm Friday, October 31st
Tickets: $10 Full/ $5 Conc - available at the door on the night

BAGHDAD NIGHTS with ROD QUANTOCK
He has stood beside Gough Whitlam and Malcolm Fraser, Bob Brown and
Barry Jones, archbishops and angels, social and community leaders,
activists and anarchists on stages and the backs of semi-trailers
arguing and fighting for the voiceless and the victims of an
increasingly mad world. His informed analysis and stinging comments are
leavened by dollops of absurd humour and outright hilarity

The New Council Chambers
8pm Tues - Sat, until Nov 8th
Tues to Thurs $25 Full/ $15 Conc, Fri & Sat $30 Full/ $20 Conc + bf
Ticketek Bookings Ph: 132 849 or visit http://www.ticketek.com.au

GET IT LIVE - GET IT AT TRADES HALL
54 Victoria St (Cnr Lygon St) Carlton  Ph: 9662 3555
Trades Hall Bar - open nightly from 5pm 'til late
Friday Happy Hours 4-7pm
more info visit http://www.tradeshallarts.com.au

While there is a lower class, I am in it;
While there is a criminal element, I am of it;
And while there is a soul in jail, I am not free. - Eugene V Debbs