Dear Friends,

We are pleased to announce that the JA Mentoring Project, BREAKFREE
which has been in the pipeline for many years now, is finally going to
be officially recognised.

Petersham TAFE NSW has committed a teacher to deliver their "Mentoring
in the Community" to the first group of JA mentors.  Margaret Goninan
was so enthusiastic when she heard about the project that she is
starting this Tuesday, October 28th! Margaret has been teaching the
course inside prisons, and is eager to change the culture inside because
she has seen first hand how damaging it can be.

Starting at 5:30 this next Tuesday 27/11/03, Margaret will lead us
through six three-hour sessions which will cover all three modules of
the TAFE "Mentoring in the Community" course.

Success!!!

She says to us: "I'll probably go really quickly, as I don't want to
bore the old hands. I reckon I can find a way to get to the nuts and
bolts to bring the new ones up to speed and go more deeply into the
complexities of what you have done so far. I really don't mind how many
people you get together - sounds like the more you train, the more
you'll have for your project. Looking forward to getting together. "
Margaret

COME AND JOIN US ON TUESDAY AFTERNOON!! 5.30 start for 3 hours.

More about mentoring on our website on page 3 of the new FRAMED magazine
now being distributed.

We are now preparing for a Graduation Ceremony/party, tentatively
scheduled for Friday 5th December.  We have approached Peter Garrett to
be part of it. He was in  the western desert for "Shine the Light" but
said he supported our work.

COME AND JOIN US ON TUESDAY AFTERNOON!!  5.30 start for 3 hours.  Six
weeks long course.

The more in the stronger we are to make the challenge to change the culture.

Justice Action
65 Bellevue St, Glebe, NSW 2037, Australia
P.O. Box 386, Broadway, NSW 2007, Australia
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
voice: 61-9660 9111 fax: 61-9660 9100

Please log into the Justice Action Web site, designed and sponsored by
Breakout Design & Print, exercising good corporate citizenship:
http://www.justiceaction.org.au   http://www.breakout.net.au/

.