Hi There,

In this issue of Activ8 - Ezine
National   14/11/2003   Legal,   TAKING BACK THE KANGAROO AND EMU
National   14/11/2003   Endangered Species,   THE ALBATROSS
National   21/11/2003   Spoken Word,   JELLO BIAFRA - FROM THE BOWELS OF
BUSH AMERICA
NSW   27/11/2003    3 day fest ,   BELLADONNA DIY FEST 2003
PHILLIPINES   14/11/2003   Spread the Word,   WYMYN-ANARCHO-PUNK
QLD   Land Clearing,   QUEENSLAND LAND CLEARING CAMPAIGN
QLD   21/11/2003   Music Festival,   PARADISE NOW - BURNETT RIVER
COMMUNITY FESTIVAL
Solomon Islands   19/11/2003   Books needed,   SOLOMON ISLANDS NEEDS BOOKS
VIC   Media Protest,   SFGATE
VIC   15/11/2003   Wind Power,   WIND POWER RALLY
VIC   18/11/2003   Exhibition,   GREETINGS FROM AUSTRALIA
VIC   21/11/2003   Anti-Uranium / Claiming the Right to Protest,   BEVKIDS
QUIZ NIGHT
VIC   27/11/2003   Mag Launch,   SPINACH7 ISSUE TWO
Victoria   2/1/2004   Environmental,   EAST GIPPSLAND OLD GROWTH WALK

EDITORIAL

Last Saturday was an International Day of Protest Against Israel's
"Apartheid Wall", called for by leading Palestinian activist Dr Mustafa
Barghouti .The wall - or 'security fence' as Ariel Shannon's government
euphemistically call the solid slabs of concrete over 20 feet high, is a
symbol of the apartheid system being imposed on the Palestinian people.

The Israeli- Palestinian conflict is, as we all know, one of the most
contentious issues on the planet, and in it's own way exposes in
microcosm the central problems facing humanity. There are many shades of
grey in the escalating spiral of violence and reciprocal violence, of
war and oppression, and both sides have to make real concessions if
there is ever to be a resolution. Building 360km of fences and walls to
imprison the Palestinians at a cost of over three billion American
dollars, however, doesn't address the causes of Palestinian violence -
and indeed, looks set to intensify it as a whole nation is shut off from
the world.

The Wall will eventually shave off 14 percent of the West Bank, trap
274,000 Palestinians in tiny enclaves and block 400,000 others from
their fields, jobs, schools and hospitals, according to a critical U.N.
report released last week. Moreover, the world will have a new symbol of
oppression unrivalled since the Berlin Wall. As Australians face a new
wave of government harassment and media exploitation of refugees turned
back from our shores, spare a thought for Palestinians made to be
refugees from the world and sealed off inside their own borders.

Peace,

Rak Razam
Robin Macpherson

Ps. ACTIV8  is  looking for a logo to help communicate our platform  of
social justice  and responsibility, as well as some non-copyright images
that may be used in our forthcoming website, All submissions welcome
please send to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Here is your Activ8 - Ezine E-Zine.

EVENTS

State: National