From: Clive Porabou
Sent: Monday, December 29, 2003 10:19 PM
Subject: RE: VOICE IT OUT IN THE MEDIA

Hi there Max, we received the report you sent and studied it; (1)

These are our comments - we want you to put it out in the media.

What PNG Government and the Australian Government notoriously called law
and order problem in Bougainville is basically a social problem. In the
beginning of the Bougainville Conflict - the rights of the black
inhabitants of Mekamui homeland have been looked down on. We had fought
for a cause, like the American war of Independence. We had battled to
break the political link with the government of PNG.

The foreign authorities are sending in foreign forces to our shores to
forever bring us evil, the turmoil, the pain and the suffering beyond
height that words cannot explain.

Deployment of Australian Federal Police and other associates are not the
answer to the century- long cry of the Black inhabitants of the Mekamui
homeland.

The Mekamui Defence Force and all ex-combatants do not want to be put
behind bars as is happening in neighbouring Solomon Islands. We have been
fighting for our right and that right is to be free in our own island.

Spokesperson - Clive Porabou.