Dear Leftlinkers,

There's been slight response to moving the list to the web site at
http://www.leftlink.net/ but that response has been largely positive.  A
little over 60 people have signed up to the site.

The first part of the move should be painless.  I'd like to stop posting
events to this email list directly, and instead post a summary of events
for the week on Monday, with full details of the event and links through
to the calendar.  I'd like to start this from next week.  This will
significantly decrease the volume of mail that list subscribers see.

Any events submitted to this email address will be put up on the
calendar during the day.  However, any of you can put events up on the
calendar right now, and they will be visible immediately.  You can
always see the current month at:

http://www.leftlink.net/index.php?module=PostCalendar

The weekly summaries will cover all the events, in chronological order.

The calendar's filling up nicely - it's easy to see how many events are
on and when they're on.  Please take a look, and comment if there's
something that should be changed (apart from colours - I'm working on
them).  Reply to this address with comments, especially if you haven't
already on the direction I'm taking the list.

Alister Air
Leftlink moderator

--

Visit the proposed Leftlink web site at http://www.leftlink.net/