This is what I have done to define this information in my database -

The child's baptism is defined in the Baptism "event" under Personal
Information.  This includes the date and location.

If the godparents are in the database because they are family members,
then a "Godfather" or "Godmother" event is added to that person.  In the
description, I add something like "Baptism of his niece, Mary SMITH".
The date and place are also added.  I have changed the sentence to read
for example, "John was Godfather at Baptism of his niece, Mary SMITH on
24 Feb 1963 at church name, city, county, state, USA."

I have also added new events called "His Godfather", "His Godmother",
"Her Godfather", "Her Godmother".  The event definitions include only a
description which will contain the godparent's name.  The sentence(s)
are "Her Godfather was John SMITH".  This allows for recording of the
godparents even if they are not members of the database.

As I generate Pedigree web pages, these sentence structures work great.
I tested them by generating pages to confirm that I like the way they
look.

This works for me but may not work for everyone.

Mary