John Murray wrote
I want to remove any reference to Eng/England Could sks tell me how I can do this quickly without having to go through several hundred Locations individually

On the Search menu select Search & Replace and choose Lists-Location from the Find Where drop-down. Type the text you want to remove (I presume you mean Eng OR England, so you will need to do this process twice) and leave the Replacement Text blank.

In the section below, make sure you have the radio buttons selected for Anywhere in field and Replace on found text with replacement text.

Click Start and a screen will appear showing the first replacement to be made. Click Replace if you want to check each one individually or Replace All if you are happy to have all the Replacements done.
--
Jenny M Benson