Yes - yesterday my anti-virus program discovered a worm in an HTML email message and refused download. Believe me, you do not want these worms on your computer.

Kay Fordham

----- Original Message ----- From: "RICHARD SCHULTHIES" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 4:54 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Please Stop Sending HTML messages to the List

This is not accusing but just stating, this is how
many of the worms get into peoples PCs. Unaware people
recieve a worm, and next e-mail out carries itself to
everywhere. Worms cannot hide in plain text, but love
to hide in HTML. I have the softwear to stop them for
myself, but not everyone does. That is the main reason
for NO HTML, and secondary was for those people, and
there are many, who cannot get access, or afford DSL
style connections. There will come a time that these
folks may fall throuth the cracks, but having been one
until 6 months ago, I feel for them, and hope they can
catch up with us ASAP.
Rich